Math Placement Testing Information
Math Placement Information: based on new SAT only
- SAT math score 520 and below ACT math score 1 – 17 = MAT 100P, Intermediate Algebra Plus
- SAT math score 530-560 or ACT math score 18 – 21 = MAT 100, Intermediate Math.
- SAT math score 570-610 or ACT math score 22 -23 = General Education Math Placement.
- SAT math score 620 and higher or ACT math score 24 – 36 = Calculus placement (or any General Education math course).
Math Placement – Accuplacer by The College Board
The math placement test is an Accuplacer exam and is done on the computer.
This test is untimed
Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics(QAS)
A total of 20 multiple choice questions are administered in this test.
- Rational numbers
- Ratio and proportional relationships
- Algebraic expressions
- Linear equations
- Linear applications and graphs
- Probability and sets
- Descriptive statistics
- Geometry concepts for HS Pre-Algebra
- Geometry concepts for HS Algebra 1
*For information regarding the Math placement test, visit http://www.wcsu.edu/math/Placement%20Test/placement.htm
Please click the link below for a sample test. Select “Student Practice” then “Next-Generation Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics Sample Questions”.
Take a sample test now!