Health Service

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible to be seen at Health Service?

  • All full time students are eligible for treatment at the Health Service Office when classes are in session.

What type of services will I be charged for?

  • A fee will be charged for some services or supplies provided by Health Service. These charges will be added to your tuition bill as a Health Service fee.  Charges for services received outside of Health Service, such labs, x-rays, speciality care, or emergency room/urgent care visits will be billed to the insurance provided by the student.

Do I need an appointment to see the nurse practitioner or nurse?

  • No, although you may schedule an appointment if this is more convenient for you. We will do our best to see scheduled appointments on time, but emergencies and urgent conditions will receive priority.

If I am ill when Health Service is closed, where should I go?

What can I do if I’m having trouble finding my immunization records?

Where can I go if I need an immunization?

  • City of Danbury Health & Human Services, 155 Deer Hill Ave., Danbury, CT   (203) 797-4625

If I get injured, am I covered under the Student Accident Plan?

  • Yes. All full-time students are covered by the Aetna Student Health accident plan in the event of injury. The accident plan is an excess plan so any claims relative to an accident should first be submitted to the students’ primary insurance. Additional details and claim forms can be found at the Cashier’s Office web page.