The best way to avoid getting the flu is to get a flu shot!
Please continue to follow the simple rules that should help to avoid getting or spreading the flu:
- wash your hands frequently
- cover your cough
- don’t share food or eating utensils
To Find A Flu Vaccine:
What to do if you think you have the flu:
If you have an abrupt onset of fever > 100, cough, and/or sore throat:
- we recommend that you go home if possible. Email your professors and your RD.
- if you are unable to go home, try to isolate yourself in your room to prevent the spread of germs (sick trays can be ordered through the dining hall)
- get plenty of rest and drink fluids.
- If your symptoms get worse, go to the nearest Emergency Department.
- your temperature goes over 103
- you become dehydrated
- you are unable to retain fluids
- you have difficulty breathing
- you have chest pain
- You may return to campus when you are fever and symptom free, without medication for 24 hours.