At WCSU, the Social Sciences Department offers undergraduate instruction in anthropology, economics, geography, political science, sociology and interdisciplinary social sciences; and awards the B.A. & B.S. degrees in anthropology & sociology, economics, political science, and interdisciplinary social sciences.
- Department History
- Social Sciences Overview
- Degree Programs and Major Programs Sheets
- Our Faculty and Staff
- What can I do with a Degree in One of the Social Sciences?
- Professional Organizations in the Social Sciences
- Special Faculty Programs
- SS 400 Senior Research Thesis Proposal and Course Application
- Angela Rossi Zurowski Anderson-Connecticut Institute for Immigrants and Refugees (ARZA-CIRI)
Service-learning and community service opportunities in the Social Sciences Department include participation in the Summer Archeology Field School, the Social Sciences Journal student editor-ships, General Assembly Legislative Internships, the Jane Goodall Institute, Roots and Shoots, the Center for Compassion, Creativity and Innovation, the Conflict Resolution Project, and more. For information on any of the programs and activities, contact Dr. Averell Manes.