Summer Tuition and Fees at Western
Payment for the summer session is due at the time of registration. Payment plans are available, see the Payment Plan section below. Non-attendance of classes does not entitle students to a credit on their tuition and fee bill, formal withdrawal is required and the amount of credit is based on the withdrawal date.
||Summer Session I Begins
||Memorial Day – No classes, University closed
||Summer Session I Ends
||Summer Session II Begins
||Summer Session I Final grades due
||Independence Day – No classes, University closed
||Summer Session II Ends
||Summer Session III Begins
||Summer Session II Final grades due
||Summer Session III Ends
||Summer Session III Final grades due
Course Fees (subject to change)
$512 per credit hour plus a $60 non-refundable registration fee
$512 per credit hour plus a $50 non-refundable online fee per each online course
$587 per credit hour plus a $60 non-refundable registration fee
$587 per credit hour plus a $50 non-refundable online fee per each online course
$875 per credit hour plus a $60 non-refundable registration fee
$1,187 per credit hour plus a $60 non-refundable registration fee
MFA in Writing Program:
$650 per credit hour plus a $60 non-refundable registration fee
When is the application available?
The Summer 2019 Financial Aid Application will be available beginning April 1st.
The deadline to apply is June 1.
WHEN WILL SUMMER 2019 FINANCIAL AID PROCESSING BEGIN?
We are scheduled to begin processing financial aid for Summer 2019 in April.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Students who have not used all of the aid available to them during the 2018-2019 award year may have remaining eligibility. If you are interested in applying for summer financial aid, please contact us to check your eligibility.
Who is eligible?
In order to be eligible to apply for a Federal Pell grant or Federal Direct loans, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Must plan on registering for at least half-time during the summer (half time is defined as 6 or more credits)
- Must be matriculated for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Must have a complete Financial Aid file for 2018-2019.
- Must have satisfied all previous balances.
- Must have Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) at the end of Spring 2019.
The Western Connecticut State University realizes that managing the cost of education is a challenge for many families. To help you meet your educational expenses, WCSU has partnered with Touchnet to offer you a low cost payment option. The cost to enroll in the Touchnet online payment plan is $35 per semester and there are no interest or finance charges. It is easy to enroll in the plan each semester and once you set up your plan, payments are made automatically. You must enroll in the payment plan for every semester that you want to use the payment plan to pay your semester charges.
TO ENROLL IN THE ONLINE PAYMENT PLAN:
- Login to your Banner Web account at https://bannerweb.wcsu.edu
- Click the “Secure login” button
- Enter your WCSU Windows username and password and click the “Login” button.
- Select “CONNect Cash and EZpay”
- To view your current statement, select “My Account” from the top menu options and then select “Statements”.
- To enroll in a payment plan select “Payment Plans” from the top menu options or select the “Enroll in a Payment Plan” button on the student view home page.
- You will be prompted to select the term for which you are enrolling into the payment plan (Fall, Spring or Summer)
- The available plans will display, review the plan details and then click the “Select” button.
- The payment schedule will display listing the installment dates and payment amounts.
- You will be prompted to pay the $35 enrollment fee and the payment method used to pay the $35 enrollment fee will be the payment method to pay each installment. Payments will automatically be charged to the payment account on each installment due date.
- The Payment Plan Agreement page will display: Read and if you agree to the terms and conditions, check the “I Agree” box and then select “Continue”
- Select “Continue” as prompted to complete enrollment and to enter payment information.
Please note the following:
- Students with a past due balance are prevented from enrolling into a payment plan, please pay all past due balances prior to enrolling.
- The payment plan auto recalculates to account for changes in charges or financial aid. An email notification is sent when a recalculation occurs.
- Students must go through the enrollment process for each semester that you want to use the payment plan to pay for your charges, the plan does not auto renew each semester.
- Enrollment is limited to one payment plan each semester.
- Credit/Debit card payments are subject to a 2.75% / $3 minimum service fee. The convenience fee is a non-refundable fee.
- Late installment payments are subject to a $50 late payment fee.
Payment plan options:
Required Down Payment
Number of Payments
|Enroll by dates:
| February 14th- February 20th
|| March 15th, April 15th, May 15th, June 15th
| February 21st – March 20th
|| April 15th, May 15th, June 15th
| March 21st – April 20th
|| May 15th, June 15th, July 15th
| April 21st – May 20th
|| June 15th, July 15th
| May 21st – June 20th
||July 15th, August 15th
| June 21st – July 31st
|| August 31st
Non-attendance of classes does not entitle students to a credit on their tuition and fee bill, formal withdrawal is required. To ensure a full credit on refundable fees, withdraw prior to the second class meeting. Please note the $60 registration fee and $50 online fee are non-refundable fees.
Fall, Spring, Summer, and Winter Sessions – Courses three weeks to eight weeks in length
- 100% refund of course fees prior to the second class meeting
- 60% refund prior to the third class meeting
- 40% refund prior to the fourth class meeting
- No refund after the beginning of the fourth class meeting
Summer Course Withdrawal Information
If you determine you do not wish to take the course(s):
- If it is PRIOR to the first day of classes, complete and submit the electronic Course Schedule Add/Drop form.
- If it is the first day of classes or later, complete and submit the electronic Course Withdrawal form.
If you do not wish to submit the form electronically, you may visit the Registrar’s Office in person. We cannot withdraw a student via telephone.
The $60 Registration Fee and $50 Online fee are non-refundable except in cases where the university cancels a course.