Day of Examination
Testing Center Important Information
Arrive on Time
Candidates are required to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to exam scheduled time. Late arrivers will not be permitted to take exam and fees will be forfeited.
Bring two forms of identification; at least one must be a government-issued photo ID.
Acceptable and valid forms of identifications:
- State-issued Driver’s license or State-issued ID card
- Passport, Naturalization card or Certificate of Citizenship
- Military, State or Federal ID
- Credit Card with Photo
- Student or School Photo ID
- CLEP DANTES or GI Bill funded U.S. Armed Forces /Military candidates must present a current military ID.
WCSU Testing Center registration fees are prepaid except for proctoring services and as communicated via e-mail or verbally.
- College Level Exam Program (CLEP): No payment due at check-in unless you scheduled an alternative date; refer to confirmation letter. Must bring CLEP Exam Registration Ticket for each exam scheduled. Dantes funded candidates must create an account with College Board.
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT): No payment due unless you scheduled an alternative date; refer to confirmation letter. Candidates submit payment with registration.
- Proctoring Service for Distance Learning or American Council on Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL): Proctor fees are due on the day of the exam. Payable in cash only or as stated on confirmation letter.
Testing Center Policies
- Candidates will be assigned a seat; once seated, candidates are not permitted to move
- Pencil, pen and scratch paper will be provided by the test center
- All scratch paper and exam must be returned to the test administrator before leaving the room
- No prohibited items allowed unless pre-approved by institute
- Exam rest breaks are not scheduled; Use bathroom before the test begin
- When using a Scantron form, be sure to blacken the space fully, erase completely and avoid stray marks
- Once you receive your test, you may not leave the Testing Center without submitting your test to the proctor. You may not leave the Testing Center and return to finish your test later
- No talking permitted inside the testing room or while waiting to be registered
- Cell phone, pagers or other electronic equipment must be turned OFF, removed from individual or left in the car
- You are responsible for securing your belongings
- Be considerate of others taking exams; avoid behavior which could be distracting to others:
- Please enter and exit testing room quietly
- Do not chew gum
- Avoid sniffing or coughing
- Do not drum fingers or tap feet
- Violation of Testing Center policies will result in your immediate dismissal
Items brought into the Center will be asked to be removed or left outside of room. Testing Center personnel are not responsible for candidate’s personal belongings.
- Calculators. A calculator function is built into the software for some exams (unless pre-approved by institute)
- All types of Electronics. E.g. cellular phones/pagers, iWatch or similar electronics, flash/thumb drives, tablets, any type of wireless communication devices, etc.
- Any kind of photographic or copying device
- Listening devices. E.g. radios, media players with headphones or recorders
- Any type of books or reference materials unless authorized by institute
- Papers of any kind (scratch paper will be provided)
- Mechanical pencils or any type of pen or highlighter
- Slide rules, protractors, compasses or rulers
- Food, beverages or tobacco products
- Sunglasses, hats or hoodies (unless worn as a religious requirement)
- Weapons or firearms
- Any other unauthorized items as noted by Center at check-in
Engaging in misconduct may result in a failing grade and further disciplinary action, including but not limited to suspension of Testing Center privileges.
- Giving or receiving unauthorized assistance of any kind
- Using any aids (books, notes, calculators, computers, websites, etc.) that are not authorized in writing by the instructor
- Attempting to take an examination for someone else
- Failing to follow examination regulations or instructions of the staff
- Causing a disturbance of any kind
- Removing or attempting to remove questions and/or responses or notes (in any format) from the Testing Center
- Attempting to remove scratch paper from the Testing Center
- Tampering with the operation of the computer or attempting to use it for any function other than taking the examination
- Unusual or suspicious behavior will be questioned and may be reported to your instructor/institute
- Talking with other examinees during an examination
The above terms and conditions may be subject to change without notice
Exams are administered at:
Western Connecticut State University (Westside Campus)
Building: Westside Classroom Building a.k.a. Ancell Building
43 Lake Avenue Extension
Danbury, Connecticut 06810
Location: 1st Floor Computer Center Room 117 or Suite 320 (refer to confirmation letter)
Campus Center Information Desk: (203) 837-3999
You may park on the main road across from the Campus Center or in designated Visitors Parking in front of the Westside Classroom Building.
In case of increment weather or hazardous driving conditions, please refer to www.wcsu.edu/alert or call 203-837-9377. If WCSU is closed, the test date will be rescheduled to a later date in which you will be advised via email on the next business day.