The Committee on Undergraduate Curriculum and Academic Standards (CUCAS) is a University Senate Standing Committee working to ensure that academic programs are consistent with the mission of Western Connecticut State University. CUCAS members are both appointed and elected to represent the larger university community. Specific responsibilities can be found in the committee’s bylaws.
To submit a proposal to CUCAS, refer to the current guidelines located here. Please also reference the most recently approved Process Chart and the current Materials Necessary for submitting your proposal/s, as proposals with missing documentation will not be reviewed. The most recent Updated submission requirements/guidelines will be posted on this website as they become available. The submission process is conducted via Sharepoint.
Meetings typically occur on the third Thursday of each month during regularly scheduled semester days. They begin at 9:30am in either the Student Center 202 (Midtown Campus) or Campus Center 212/214 (Westside Campus) once a full voting quorum has been reached.
2017-18 Meeting Schedule (meetings are generally on the 3rd Thursday of the month unless otherwise specified)
- September 21, 2017; 9:30 AM – SC 202 (Midtown Campus)
- October 19, 2017, 9:30 AM – CC 212/214 (Westside Campus)
- November 16, 2017, 9:30 AM – SC 202 (Midtown Campus)
- December 14, 2017, 9:00 AM – President’s Reception Room (WS 218, Westside Campus)
- January 19, 2018, 9:30 AM – SC 202 (Midtown Campus)
- February 15, 2018, 9:30 AM – CC 212/214 (Westside Campus)
- March 8, 2018, 9:30 AM – SC 202 (Midtown Campus)
- April 19, 2018, 9:30 AM – CC 212/214 (Westside Campus)
- May 17, 2018, 9:30 AM – SC 202 (Midtown Campus)