Come Join our Peer Tutoring team – Now hiring for Fall 2019
Currently hiring: Math (specifically MAT 100, MAT 100/P, MAT 110)
The Tutoring Resource Center offers tutoring in over 15 subjects and is are looking to expand our team! We seek exceptional students who are skilled in a subject/content area, possess love of learning and great academic skills and habits, and who enjoy helping and teaching others.
- Current enrollment as undergraduate or graduate program (any major) at Western Connecticut State University;
- Sophomore standing or above;
- Overall grade point average of 3.2 or higher and a strong background in the field in which you would like to tutor;
- Positive outlook on writing and academic work;
- Demonstrate effective listening skills, compassion for helping others, ability to explain course content concisely;
- Earned a grade of a B + or higher in each of the course(s) one would like to tutor in;
- Previous experience as a tutor or peer mentor;
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively and productively with peers;
- Exemplify an ability to balance both hours as a tutor and dedication
as a WCSU student in respected program i.e. excellent time management skills.
- Previous employment involving customer service.
Hours and Salary
- 5 (minimum) to 15 hours per week
- $12.00/per hour
Tutoring is the best way to reinforce the concepts you’ve learned and you get the satisfaction
of knowing you’re helping fellow students achieve their goals.
- Good Pay ($12 per hour);
- Work right on WCSU campus;
- Set your hours according to your schedule;
- We will pay you while you train;
- Leadership experience;
- Good resume builder providing skills employers are looking for.
Interested students should submit the following:
- Please press button and fill-out the application below (fillable PDF) and then email it as an attachment to TRC Coordinator- Lauren Eddy (firstname.lastname@example.org). One can also drop it off at the TRC Office, Room 206 in the Haas Library Midtown;
- Next, you will need a professor or department chair recommendation from the subject/course(s) you wish to tutor. Please direct a professor or department chair to the link below to submit a TRC Faculty Peer Tutor Recommendation form. *Please note that the coordinator will follow up with all submitted recommendations.
For transfer students, a recommendation from prior University faculty member is acceptable.
- Once Coordinator receives your application she will then contact you (via WCSU email or phone call) regarding the recommendation(s) and tentative interview times/days.
- Lastly, have a printed copy of your resume ready for an interview.